AOL v 554 error code occurs on the screen when the user is trying to send an email to a recipient, but the mail cannot be delivered as AOL rejecting the connection from the mail server. In simple terms, the error doesn’t allow you to send messages. One of the main reason behind the issue is when the server’s IP address has sent spam to AOL. When AOL depicts your mail as spam, the software prevents you from sending the message. It has shown an aversion to the mail server’s IP address. This happens when you have constantly been spending spam mails from your email address or other emails that have objectionable content. When different users have complained about getting unreasonable and spam messages from a particular address, AOL resorts to depicting this error. To fix this issue, you can follow the steps share below or can have a word directly at aol email customer care number.
Steps to resolve AOL v 554 error code
There are different measures that you can try in order to solve the problem
- First of all, try finding the email accounts which are trying to send spam mails from your mail server’s IP address. As soon as you see them, take no time in shutting them down.
- Next, review the AOL postmaster pages and see the practices they recommend and follow them as required
- Try sending emails from another mail server. But do not do it frequently or can become risky
- Next, filter the outbound email traffic
- Look for different sources of abuse and track the user’s behavior
- You can also sign up for feedback so that you directly receive the complaints if any and understand what the mails that are seen objectionable by AOL.
Resolving this error can be a little tricky. It is suggested that you do take the advice of the experts at aol email tech support. The best way to reach out to them is by dialing their toll-free number and having a phone conversation with them.
Read more: aol email support number