Various errors might arise on our system that causes difficulty in accessing something on the PC or any other device. One such error is “Windows cannot access computer” with code 0x80004005. This error also pops-out while you wish to rename, delete or extract your file or folder in the File Explorer. It appears as a pop-out message when your shared resource fails to connect with the network.
It frustrates you to face such errors, but you need not worry. We are providing some easy to use steps to troubleshoot this error issue.
Follow these steps to know how to troubleshoot the error code 0x80004005.
- First of all, right-click on the “Start” button.
- After that, hit the “Network Connections” option.
- Then, you have to press the “Change adapter” option there.
- Now, navigate to the network adapter option and then hit the right click on it.
- After that, choose the option “Properties.”
- Next, search for the “Internet Protocol Version-6” (PV6/TCP) in the central section and then unmark the checkbox there.
Note: You are currently using IPV6 as an enterprise network, while various systems still utilize the IPV4 version.
- Next, tap on the “OK” tab and then reboot your system. It will resolve your error issue. Check for any such issue. If the problem still not gone, then move to the next method.
To troubleshoot the error, follow the under-mentioned and easy to use steps:
- Firstly, highlight “IPV4.”
- Then, tap on the “Properties” tab.
- After that, hit the option “Advanced.”
- Next, click on the “WINS” option tab.
- Set the NetBIOS settings to default mode.
Checking Sharing Settings
You can check the Advanced settings in NetBIOS settings are not causing issues. Follow these steps to fix the error 0x80004005 issue on your system:
- Firstly, you have to go to the “Control Panel.”
- Then navigate to “Network and Internet.”
- After that, hit the “Network and Sharing Center.”
- Next, tap on the “Advanced sharing settings” option.
- Now, tap on the private network option and check that the network discovery is activated.
- After that, check that the automatic set up is activated.
- Next, ensure to turn on the File and Printer sharing option to make it enabled.
- Finally, hit on “All Network” options and then ensure to enable the option “Turn Off password-protected network sharing.”
After finishing all the above steps, restart your PC. It will save the changes that you have made and check for the error is arising or not.
- First of all, navigate to your desired sharing drive or folder.
- Then, right-click on your selected folder which you wish to share.
- Now, choose the option “Share” and then hit on “Advanced Sharing.”
- Make sure that the checkbox next to the option “Share this folder” is checked. If not check, then check it instantly.
- After that, hit the Permissions option.
- Next, you have to highlight every group located at the upper portion of the screen.
- After that, hit the appropriate option dedicated to allow Full Control.
- In case, there is nothing in the group of “Everyone,” then add and after that enter “Everyone” at the lowermost section of the window and then hit it to select.
Re-installing Updates of Windows 10
In case you are facing the error code “0x80004005” while updating Windows 10 update, then the reason might be a corrupt or malicious installation update file. Follow these mentioned steps to fix it:
- First of all, it is advised to remove the corrupted file instantly from your system.
- After that, reinstall the Windows 10 update file again.
- Then, check that the issue with the error code has gone.
Enabling File Sharing Support of SMB 1.0/CIFS
- Firstly, tap the search box to activate and then enter the keyword “control panel.”
- After that, hit the tab “Programs and Features.”
- Then navigate to the task pane located on the left-hand side of your window and then hit the option “Turn Windows features on or off.”
- After that, a pop-out dialog box will appear.
- Then, scroll down the dialog box to navigate to the “SMB 1.0/ CIFS File Sharing Support” option.
- Ensure that the checkmark box is marked.
- Finally, hit the “OK” tab.