Google Maps provides various latest and trendy features for its users like Explore, Offers, and Recommendations. This move by Google Maps widens the area of exploring and surfing for the users. It makes surfing and locating a venue much easier than before.
Here are the steps to follow in order to know what’s new in these latest features provided by Google in its popular direction or location indicator app. To know more about the issue, follow the provided instructions:
Using the Explore Feature on Google Map
- First of all, launch Google Maps on your device.
- Then navigate to the bottom portion of your app’s window and search for the bar with three specific tabs.
- The tabs hold the features as “Explore”, “Commute” and “For You”.
- Now hit the “Explore” tab.
- Then you will be provided with two options: “Explore Nearby” or “Explore” (where you stand). It is located at the bottom portion of your screen. This will show your nearby latest activities and various events happening currently.
- Here, look below the band of the “Explore Nearby” option. You will get seven different options or shortcuts to explore located around you. It includes ATM, Petrol Pump, Restaurants, and Pubs, etc.
- In case you wish to see a total list of the nearby popular locations and activities, then you have to tap on the menu tab which splits into various specific sections like “Things To Do”, “Shopping and Services”, “Food and Drinks” etc.
- You may choose any of your desired options.
- If you select the “Chemists” option, then Google Map will provide you with all the related results and show you the almost pharmacies located near you with their complete address, contact number, and their functional timings, etc.
Using Offers Feature on Google Maps
If you wish to use the “Offers” feature of Google Maps on your smartphone, then you should abide by the given instructions:
- First of all, hit the “Google Maps” to launch.
- Then tap on the “Explore” tab located on the lowermost left-hand side of the bar.
- Now hit the shortcut that appears green in color from the list of seven shortcuts including restaurants, petrol pumps. ATM’s, Pubs and so on.
- Here you shall find a list of various restaurants, events providing services with exciting offers and discounts.
- Now you have to tap on a restaurant’s name.
- A tab reading “Reserve a Table” will be there.
- Next, after tapping the “Reserve a Table”. The app will ask you to provide various information like how many people will share the table; then you have to provide a date and time.
- After that, hit the “Submit” tab.
- When you booked your table in that particular restaurant, a message or an email will be sent to your registered mail ID and the contact number that you have provided while filling the request form.
- In case you wish to cancel your appointment or the table for any reason, you have to go to the received mail and then tap the cancel button.
Using the Recommendation Feature of Google App
- Firstly, you have to expand the “Google Maps” application on your device.
- Go to the lowermost portion of the app’s screen.
- Then look to the right-hand side and tap the “For You” tab.
- Now, you will view various destination options with various tourist spots, events, bus stands, railway stations, and so on.
- It also shows you various newsfeeds, articles on the related spot, places or events. The bookmark is placed on every result option. You may save the topic, activity under the “Want to Go” cart for further use.
- Then, navigate to the upper right part of the “For You” tab. Then you will see a bookmark just after the “Settings” icon. Tap the option in order to see all the places, spots that you have saved to your “Want to Go” cart. It is similar to Instagram’s “Save” feature.
- Here you will be provided with the list of various options like “Starred” and “Favorites” places. You may add these into your places section.
- You may also make your own destination list by using the “Want to Go” section.
To perform this function, follow these steps:
- Here you have to hit the change option.
- After a while, a pop-out will prompt and provide an option which reads “Save in your lists”. It will provide various options like Starred, Favorites, Want to Go places.
- Go to the upper right-hand side of the expanded pop-out box. Now you will find an option which reads “+ New List”.
- Finally hit the “+ New List” tab to form your private list.