iTunes error code 3194 may appear when a user is trying to update their iPhone firmware. This error is undoubtedly one of the worst errors and it can occur in the middle of the upgrade process, which can even lead to a bricked device. In this article, you will receive simple and easy methods to troubleshoot the iTunes error 3194 messages.
Method 1: Checking the Host Files
This method will help you in solving the error code 3194 by inspecting the host files. Here’s how to do it:
- On your computer, close all applications, including the iTunes app.
- Open the File Manager and then navigate to the “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc” file path.
- In that folder, make a double click on the “hosts” file to open it.
- If you are using Mac, then browser the terminal by navigating to the Utility folder. After that, type “sudo/nano/etc/hosts.”
- Now either press Enter or Return.
- Once the host file opens, press Ctrl + F keys together to trigger the search bar.
- Now type the Apple address “126.96.36.199” in the search bar and then press Enter.
- If the address appears in the Host file, then it means everything is fine in the host file.
- If you didn’t find this address in the host file, then go to the end of the Notepad file and then type “188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com” in the file.
- Save the file and restart the iTunes app and see if the error still persists.
Method 2: Fixing Error 3194 via dr.fone
dr.fone is a repair tool that is designed to solve these kinds of errors. It not only fixes the error 3194 but also fixes iTunes error 4013, 14, and 27, and 9. You should download and install it on your Windows or Mac. Once the tool is installed successfully on your device, follow the step given below:
- Launch the dr.fone tool on your computer that is facing iTunes error 3194.
- Once the tool appears on the screen, click on the Repair button.
- Now connect your iOS device to the computer via connector cable that came with your iOS device.
- Once you see the device connected on the screen, just hit the Start button.
- Now you may see some on-screen instructions for setting your iOS device to DFU mode.
- Once the DFU mode activates, the dr.fone application will fetch it. Now choose the model of your device on the computer.
- Press the Download button. This will install firmware into your device, and it may take some time.
- Once the firmware installation finishes, simply tap the Fix Now button.
- The process of troubleshooting will initiate just after that. As a result, the 3194 error message will be solved.
Now check if the error still persists. If it does, then check the next method.
Method 3: dr.fone- iTunes Repair
This tool is especially dedicated to fixing iTunes issues on Windows PC. In order to use it, download and install it. Once that is done, follow the below instructions to fix the error code 3194 on iTunes:
- Visit the “https://www.wondershare.com/itunes-repair.html” link to download the iTunes Repair tool to your device.
- Once the tool is downloaded, just launch the downloaded files and install the program.
- Now open the dr.fone- iTunes Repair application to fix your iTunes error.
- On the main page of the app, press the Repair button.
- Now tap the iTunes Repairs option on the left menu.
- Connect your iPhone device to the PC.
- Now click on the Repair iTunes Error option to troubleshoot the 3194 messages.
See if the problem still persists or not.
Method 4: Factory Resetting the Device
If you are still facing the iTunes error code, then you should reset your device to get rid of it. The Error 3194 appears when your device fails to connect to Apple’s firmware server. Here are some steps to fix this:
- Install the iCloud application on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Open the app when the installation completes, and then log in with your iCloud account. You will have to provide the Apple ID.
- Now browse the Find My iPhone option on iCloud.
- You will now see the map of your current iOS devices. You need to choose the device showing up the error.
- Now go to All Devices and then choose the iOS device again.
- Hit the Erase iPhone button to initiate the resetting process.