There are a lot of storage folders stored/mounted inside the phone. This includes internal as well as external storage. In this section, we will tell you how to check your phone’s storage space:
Steps to review the storage space of an iPhone device
- Tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Inside the third segment of the menu tab, go to General.
- Hit on the “Storage and iCloud Usage” tab.
- Now under the Storage section, analyze your iPhone storage. Your used storage and memory appear just above the “Available Field.” The amount that is empty or available for use lies below the Used storage bar.
- Touch on the “Manage Storage” option to manage all the apps installed on your device. Here you will find the storage memory consumed by each app that is downloaded on your device according to its corresponding sizes.
- You may either keep the app or delete it from your phone to get more space or memory for your device.
Steps for checking the available storage on your Android device
Internal and external both the memories are significant to store information, videos, files, images, and so on. You have to review your memories regularly to maintain a balance between your apps and memory storage.
- Tap on the “Settings” icon located on the homepage of your device’s screen. It’s a geared shaped gray-colored icon. In case you are unable to find it on your home screen, search for it under the drawer of your phone or in your notification bar.
- Hit on the “Storage” option. After tapping on it, you will be taken to the Device storage window.
- Now analyze the total and the available space of your Android phone. You can see all the types of memory storage categorized into different sections appears below the phone’s “Storage” title. Here you will see both the total and the available space on the smartphone. The space specified as total means the overall space of your smartphone, and second is the available storage. Here you will see the storage space being consumed by a file or folder.
- If you wish to free up more space on your device, then you may tap on the “Applications” segment. Now you can uninstall any app that you don’t desire to use again.
- You can also touch the “Pictures and Videos” section. Now you can remove any of the undesired items or pictures to free up space.
- Now review the storage section of audio and music files. You will find the space consumed by your audio files and other music folders.
- Hit on the Cached data section under the memory screen. It will show all your cached data stored on your phone. Mostly the cached data is useless and it is recommended to remove it from the device.
- Click “OK” to remove it, otherwise hit on the “Cancel” option to return to your Phone’s Memory page.
- Now check the “Miscellaneous” section. It will show you the file space consumed by many miscellaneous items like thumbnails and playlists.
- You can also delete or modify any file storage of your mounted SD card by tapping the SD card section located mainly at the bottom of your phone’s memory page.
Chloe Decker is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products.