The purpose of this tool is to protect your system from spyware, viruses, adware, and other malicious activity. It protects the file or data that you have stored inside your computer. Follow these important methods to know how you can troubleshoot an issue on your Windows 10 operating system regarding Windows Defender error code 0x80073b01.
Deleting third-party security software
In case you have any of the third-party application or software that is too outdated. It is recommended to uninstall that software instantly in order to prevent the error code 0x80073b01. To fix this issue, follow these steps to delete your software:
- Firstly, navigate to “Control Panel.”
- Tap the install/uninstall option. Then click on the open button.
- Now choose a list named “Installed.” Then all your software installed on the device/ system will appear before you.
- Then right-click your mouse button on the program that you wish to remove.
- Finally, tap the “Uninstall” button.
- Now start your computer again in order to save the changes that you have done to your system.
- Make sure to use only genuine or powerful uninstaller program/tools. You may use Revo Uninstaller to delete your software with all junk registry files that may corrupt your data.
Fixing error with the Registry repair tool
Follow this method to use the registry tool:
- First of all, press Win and R keys. Then a run dialog box will open.
- When the run dialog box appears, enter “Regedit” in the text bar provided. Then press the enter key to proceed further.
- Then navigate to the left panel to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsNT/Current version /ImageFileExecutionOption/ and delete the msseces.exe entry. Then, jump to HKEY_CURRENT-USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current version/Policies/Explorer/DisallowRun. Remove the msseces.exe again.
Fixing error issue through System File Checker
- Press Win and X keys. Then type cmd in the text space provided you.
- Open the MS-DOS and then hit on “Run As Administrator.”
- Enter the command: sfc/scannow and then tap the enter key.
It should fix the error code problem of your system.
If the problem still exists, continue with the next process.
Fixing the problem by updating the Windows Defender
- From your keyboard, press the Win key. Then enter “Windows Update” in the search bar.
- Now, look at the various results on your screen.
- Then choose “Check for updates” and look for the updates available for your system.
- In case you find any of the updates, tap to install it.
- Once the installation completes, restart your computer to accept all the changes.
Chloe Decker is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for McAfee security products.