Gamers are highly excited as the expansion pass for Fire Emblem Three Houses is now available. It contains costume DLC for the characters of the game along with a few brand-new aux missions that players can send their units on. But, owing to the newly added content, some users are facing an issue that is making it impossible for them to launch the game. While most of the issues have been resolved, but some players might still come across problems in case they had installed the pass before the company fixed the issue.
What to do when the game does not launch?
Well, do not worry when your Fire Emblem: Three Houses fails to start and shows an error after you install the expansion pass. You just need to ensure that you have updated the Nintendo Switch by installing all the recent upgrades available. Once you power on your Switch or attempt to open a game, you shall be asked to install updated. But, in case you do not get prompted, then follow the steps given below and install the available updates.
- First, you need to power on your Switch.
- Now, go to the Home menu.
- Click on System Settings.
- In the following screen, click on System. To do so, scroll down a bit.
- Click on System Update.
- Now your device shall check and see in case any update is available or not. In case it is, then you will be prompted for installation.
What to do when the device update does not work?
Updating the Nintendo Switch fixes problems with the game most often. But, in case it fails to work, then there is another fix which might work. To get rid of the issue, you need to remove the game and then install it again. Just ensure that you do not install the game along with the extension pass. After that, you can install DLC again.
- Go to the Home Screen of your Switch.
- Select Fire Emblem.
- Now, click on the plus button.
- Choose the option named Manage Software.
- After that, click on the Delete button. Do not worry as the saved data shall not get deleted when you uninstall the game. You can also back it up, in case you are too worried.
- After deleting the game, click on the eShop.
- Now, click on your profile available at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Now, click on Redownload.
- Select Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
- Hold down the L key and choose the given game.
- Now, a prompt will come asking you to download it.
- Check if the game is working properly or not. In case it is, just install the DLC separately. This will fix the problem.
Scarelett Thomas, writer of this blog loves to write about troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides and other varied topics. Major topics of her interest are printer support like hp printer support, Ricoh Printer Support, Dell Printer Support etc.