Messages app on Mac enables you to send a text through iMessage easily from the PC to other iPad, Mac, iPhone, or iPad touch, which is utilizing iMessage protocol. iMessage mostly works well, however; it may discover several problems that restrict iMessage from functioning in macOS.
As you try to send a text that failed to deliver or take forever to send messages from Mac or in any case when iMessage does not work properly or else as anticipated in MacOS. If you need to fix or troubleshoot the problem, then this post might be useful for you. Read through the blog to follow the steps.
Troubleshoot Text Not Working in Macos
Ensure That Mac Has the Internet Connection
iMessage and Messages needs an internet connection to perform. It does not matter whether you are using Wi-Fi, personal hotspot, ethernet, but it should be active and work properly. Ensure that Mac is connected to the web, which works properly. You can check it by ensuring that the browsers work to browse the internet via ping or through another method.
Simply starting the Mac again can also fix the problem when iMessage or Messages app is not working properly.
In case you need to reboot Mac, then you need to follow the offered steps:
- Pull down the Apple section.
- Click on Restart option.
- As the Mac is booted again, then try to launch Messages and send it again.
Ensure Mac has the Apple ID or iCloud Enabled
If you wish to ensure Mac has the Apple ID or iCloud enabled, then pursue the given instructions:
- Navigate to System Preferences from the Apple section.
- Open the iCloud settings and ensure that Mac has a proper Apple ID.
- You will need to use the same Apple ID on Mac that you perform on the device, and through this, the messages can be sync between both devices.
Re-enable and Disable iMessage on Mac
If you want to re-enable and disable iMessage on Mac, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Launch Messages app on Mac.
- Pull down Messages section and then click on Preferences.
- Navigate to the Imessage button.
- Ensure that the ID is set completely and check the Enabled this account option is ticked or not.
Log out and log in to iMessage on Mac
If you want to log out and log in to iMessage on Mac, then abide by the given steps:
- Launch Messages app on Mac.
- Pull down Messages section and then select Preferences.
- Navigate to the iMessage button.
- Click on Sign Out option.
- Exit Messages.
- Then open the Messages app again, go back to the iMessage preferences, and then log into Apple account for iMessage.
Ensure Forwarding Message is Enabled on Device
If you have Mac or iPhone, ensure that you may allow text forwarding then relay for Mac or iPhone so that Mac may relay text and from the device using Messages.
Check to Ensure iMessage Works on the iPad or iPhone
If you are using an iPad or iPhone and Mac, ensure that iMessage is performing on-device properly. If the iPad or iPhone is facing trouble or displaying the error, it is necessary there may be problems with servers of iMessage, which is low.
iMessage Is Working, but Unable to Sync With Other Devices
Sometimes it happens when iMessage works, but you may notice that the messages are unable to sync between iPhone and Mac or other devices. Then you need to fix the problem.
Abigail Smith is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Canon printer support and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.