Computer crashes, and data loss can cause you to lose valuable financial reports that may affect your business. This blog will give you tips on how you can safeguard your data and restore it whenever you need to. In case you encounter an error that prevents you from restoring your files, you can call the quicken customer service number and speak to a professional software expert to resolve the problem.
Steps to Safeguard Quicken Backup Files
Safeguarding your data is a great way to make sure your business and finances are not affected when if your computer crashes. You can refer to the steps given below to create a backup of your Quicken data:
- Step 1: Run Quicken, click ‘File’ and then press ‘Backup and Restore.’
- Step 2: Choose any one of the two options to back up your Quicken data.
- Step 3: You can back up the data to your computer or an external drive.
- Step 4: Additionally, you can also use ‘Dropbox’ to back up the data.
- Step 5: Add the date on the backup files, so it is easy for you to recognize.
- Step 6: You can also change the location of the backup file when you want.
Once you made all the relevant changes and entered the required data, you just need to click the ‘Backup Now’ option to complete the process.
Step to Restore Quicken Backup Files
As long as you backed up your files, you never have to worry about computer failure or data loss because you can simply restore them. You can follow the steps given below to restore your Quicken Backup Files:
- Step 1: Got to the File section and click on ‘Backup and Restore.’
- Step 2: Select ‘Restore from your backup’ and then click ‘Browse.’
- Step 3: Browse your device and find the backup file you want to restore.
- Step 4: Be sure to select the file that has the extension.QDF-Backup.
- Step 5: Click ‘Open then Restore Backup’ and open the following prompt.
- Step 6: Choose if you want to overwrite the file or to create a copy.
Given that restoring a backup file replaces your current data, it is recommended that you avoid overwriting files. If you need help replacing your files, you can call the quicken customer support number and ask for technical assistance. Experts will give you detailed solutions to help you overcome any Quicken software error.