It is true that Mac can perform a tremendous activity in terms of operating; however, there might still be things you may want to add to it. The virtual world is growing by the minute, and for bigger projects, using virtual display is ideal. If you are using Mac, then you can use Linux on it as it has several distinct advantages. In order to use it, you need to know about what is virtualization and from where you can get the right source. Everything is so simple and here is more information about using it.
What is Virtualization?
It’s a mixture of both software and hardware system that helps the user to see small displayed things on a bigger screen. As you already know the size of the Mac and there is no way that you can use it as it is on the presentation time. The first thing you need to do is install the Linux in Mac with the help of virtualization and install the latest edition from open-source VirtualBox or Parallels. It’s an easy process, and you can easily operate it from the steps of installing Linux by parallels.
How to Use Parallels and Install Linux
The current latest version is Parallels 15 for Mac users, and to install Linux, you need to have parallels in your device. From the beginning of installing Linux, you need to open and access the parallels toolbar first.
- Tap on the File icon in the parallels toolbar.
- Choose New.
- You’ll find Download Ubuntu Linux which is free.
- Press on the Continue icon.
- Then you will be asked to Download the file of Linux on your computer.
From following these steps, you will find Linux is downloading, and once it is installed, then you need to choose a new password of parallels user. If you don’t have one, then you need to add a new user and then sign in to account.
- Type a strong new Password in the parallels toolbox.
- Then click OK.
- After configuring you need to Restart the virtual machine.
How to Use VirtualBox and Install Linux
It will not take much time to install Linux by using VirtualBox in Mac. The process is easy, and the following steps are used after VirtualBox is installed. Here are some easy steps that you need to follow for installing.
- Tap on New option in VirtualBox.
- Put a Name on the virtual copy of Linux.
- Then choose Linux in the Type bar.
- Choose the required version of Linux.
- Select Continue.
- Pick up the Memory Size. By doing so, you can select the minimum and the maximum number of memory. If you want fast processing, then you need to allow a higher memory rate to the system.
- Then choose Continue.
- After these steps, you need to choose “Create a virtual hard disk now” and then go for Create bar.
- Look for the VDI(Virtual Disk Image) for the file type of hard drive
- Choose Continue
- Validate Dynamic Allocated for the storage.
- Select the File Location and Size.
- Choose “Create.”
These steps are just beginning part of installing Linux on Mac. Now you need to download the copy of Linux with the VirtualBox.
- You need to download Ubuntu for desktop from the official Ubuntu website.
- Then you need to choose Download on the right side of the LTS version.
- Tap on Download.
After finishing all these steps and downloading the file, you will have to go back to the VirtualBox.
- On the left side of the VirtualBox manager, you will find Linux instance.
- Select Start.
- Tap the file icon to get the pop-up screen.
- Then select Add in the upper left corner.
- Search for the file of Ubuntu File in the downloaded section.
- Select Open.
- The next thing you need to do is tap Choose.
- Click on the Start icon.
Now the process by Ubuntu installation will be completed. There are a few more additional settings that you need to follow. From this setting, you will see a bigger window, but for that, you need to exit from the Linux First.
- On the major VirtualBox screen, you will find highlighted Linux virtual installation.
- Tap on the settings.
- Choose the display option.
- Try the multiple-scale factor between 100% to 200%.
- Select OK.
- Again tap on Start to access Linux on Mac.
Celine Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on brother printer support and many other printer-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.